aboutarchives


Monday, August 4, 2014
11th monthsary - Common Man Coffee Roasters @ 1:40 PM




Celebrated our 11th with brunch at Common Man Coffee Roasters. Read many reviews and so many people have raved about this place.


I personally feel that this place is overrated and disappointing. The brunch was normal, nothing fanciful. The only thing I love about the "Common Man Full Breakfast" ($26) was probably the poached eggs and mushrooms. I'm not a beef-eater, therefore I didn't get to try the highly-raved "Organic Egg Benes" ($24), which is supposed to be their best-seller! The boyfriend mentioned that the ox cheeks were really tender and flavorful. The prices- probably one of the highest brunch places around. For this price, I would prefer heading back to Symmetry. So far, Symmetry serves the best egg benes (my top favorite!).


I usually like to have breakfast with a good cup of coffee. The mocha was good, love the intense chocolatey taste. I would definitely return for their coffee and probably to try the dessert too- "Fluffy Brioche French Toast". Was too full for that... gave it a miss this time. 









Address: 22 Martin Road 

*Point to note: They do not accept table reservation on weekends. Walk-in only. 

Get there early, like between 11 to 1130am to avoid the queue. 



about


Ariel Meiqi

(+65)
Eat Well, Travel Often, Shop Fashionably
Still learning, still discovering.



Email: ariel.suey@gmail.com


Editor of Samplestore.com




















seek &inspire.