aboutarchives


Friday, July 18, 2014
Double boiled soup @ 3:47 PM



Lunch today! - Double Boiled Watercress Soup with Pork Ribs


I thought this might be useful to some readers who might be interested in healthy weight loss. I'm a HUGE HUGE FAN of Chinese food and one should never go without ordering soup. There goes a famous quote in Chinese, "三菜一湯" - which means 3 dishes and 1 soup (equal to set menus). 


Lately, I have been reading up a lot on Chinese soups and the benefits. Generally I try to keep to a healthy lunch (because most of the time, I have dinner with the boyfriend which is usually..... fattening. I can name a few- mookata, HDL, chicken rice, korean BBQ, bedok 85 (you know what are they famous for), and he's not a fan of subway and salad. Ok the thing is, you should be well-aware that your metabolic rate also declines with age. Therefore, it's hellaaaa important for me to do some thing for myself, and to keep my body in good shape. I am very thankful that I do not have a bulging stomach (yet). 


Truth is: I do suffer from water retention at times (especially after a night of drinking. I haven't been drinking for months), therefore.... this is what I'm gonna share- 


Watercress soup is very beneficial for those suffering from water retention and it helps with weight loss and ease those uneasy bloated feeling. 


And if you're suffering from sore throat, you might want to try Old Cucumber Soup with Pork Ribs - I have read it somewhere that it helps to dispel heat, detoxifies, enhances your skin complexion, prevents heat stroke and lowers blood pressure. And for those who have difficulties digesting/less tolerant towards "fatty food" - you might be happy to know that old cucumber contains mineral that will help to dissolve and disperse fat in the body. Double yay to weight loss! I drank this soup when I was ill one week ago and I think it helped to speed up my recovery time. I was eagerly searching for a cure to solve my flu symptom, and happened to come cross those interesting facts on Chinese soups. 


Planning to arrange a dinner-date with the boyfriend today. Will update this space again!! And boyfriend gave me a small little surprise last night. The man wrote me an email. I am indeed very happy to receive it , because my efforts are appreciated. It means a lot to me, and this gives me a strength to keep on moving. I wanna say thank you for making me feel loved......... so safe and secure. It's true, and this feeling is indescribable. 


One thing I'm certain - I can trust him completely. 





about


Ariel Meiqi

(+65)
Eat Well, Travel Often, Shop Fashionably
Still learning, still discovering.



Email: ariel.suey@gmail.com


Editor of Samplestore.com




















seek &inspire.