aboutarchives


Thursday, June 5, 2014
Trip to Japan - Tokyo @ 2:14 PM

Today... 

'm sharing my experience on my first trip to Japan in late Dec / early Jan 2014. Long over-due blog post. 

Our first meal the moment after we have settled our hotel accommodation was to hit the nearest Ichiran store. Ichiran is one of the most well-known ramen restaurant in Japan, and there are often long queues during lunch and dinner. The boyfriend has been raving to me about this ramen - being the best and the most memorable, ever. Not until I have tried it myself..... 

We started off by placing our order (and purchased tickets) through a vending machine. Very unique ordering system. And you just have to circle your preference accordingly on the order sheet for each ramen - for example, the noodles' texture, amount of garlic and the richness of the soup. Basically, you can customize the ramen bowl to your own liking. I personally prefer the noodles to be extra soft. I love everything spicy, so I think I wrote x2 (or was it x3? can't remember...) for the level of spiciness. It's addictive and before I know it.... I have finished the whole bowl. :|

and you MUST order their soft-boiled egg. Oh myyyyy.. is to die for. :PPPP sooo good, we ate here TWICE during this trip. 







and... my 2nd recommendation: MUST TRY - The Onsen Experience @ Kinnotake. 

Outdoor hot spring in the winter is definitely an incredible experience. It was freezing cold. Still, I really liked it and how I wish we could extend our stay. 





Our fair-share of fun over @ DisneyLand & DisneySea for the new year 2014 countdown. Please try to refrain going during peak seasons (if you are as impatient as me), like school holidays to avoid the horrendous queues. You have to get the " fast pass " for certain rides.  


 






Decided to visit the famous local attraction - Meiji Shrine. Yes, unexpected massive crowd. I later found out that millions of people will tend to visit the shrine in the first few days of each new year to pray for luck, happiness and fortune. And of course, we continued with our initial plan and followed the locals- " throw the coins into the offering box, bow twice, clap our hands and make a wish. "






















Oh... and on my next food recommendation in Japan will be SEIKO-EN (Japanese style buffet - Korean BBQ). It's truly the BESTTTTTTTTTT I've ever eaten. At least, with the wide variety of meat and using different marinades - wasabi, salt, black pepper etc... about 50 SGD per pax. The high quality meat is worth the price... comparing with the average Korean BBQ buffet restaurants which are charging roughly 30 per pax. 









Lastly, must-go-destination for food lovers - Tsukiji Fish Market and best combined with a sashimi and sushi breakfast. FRESH seafood at very reasonable price.

Oh ya, I didn't bother queuing for some recommended food restaurants (via hungrygowhere). The queues were extremely long. In addition, the weather was insane (5 degrees or less) in the morning, and imagine yourself waiting outdoor for an hour or so just to grab two seats for a 30 mins meal. No way. And we convinced ourselves that the seafood comes from the same fish market, therefore it should be equally fresh. :P

And yes, cravings satisfied! (:






Heh, hope the information is useful. And I kinda miss Japan, especially the onsen experience. Looking forward to our upcoming beach holiday in two weeks' time! *filled with excitement*




about


Ariel Meiqi

(+65)
Eat Well, Travel Often, Shop Fashionably
Still learning, still discovering.



Email: ariel.suey@gmail.com


Editor of Samplestore.com




















seek &inspire.