aboutarchives


Sunday, July 6, 2014
Little Diner, Tung Lok, Soccer @ 3:17 PM





Brunch-date with the boyfriend at Little Diner last Saturday. This cosy little cafe is located along Bukit
Timah Road - and when it comes to car park, it's a little inconvenient to be honest. Luckily, we found one in less than 5 mins.

Okay, moving on.. The coffee (ice-mocha) was pretty good. I love the smell of coffee in the morning and maybe I should consider getting one of those coffee machines. I had "Krusty Krab" Benedict ($19.50)- poached egg placed on thick french toast with some green salad, grilled bacon (amazingly, it's not that salty) and two pieces of crab-cake (which the boyfriend enjoyed it). I'm not a huge fan of seafood. Overall, it's okay... but not something very fantastic, decent portion.






While the boyfriend decided to order the beef burger- The XXX Baconator! ($21.50) and as usual, we changed the side dish to truffle fries. The truffle fries was not something I have expected. Very similar to Wendy's natural straight cut fries - with the skin still on. I generally prefer thin-cut fries. Less sinful perhaps, who am I kidding :| Okay... so I wasn't very pleased with the fries. As for the beef burger, I'm not so sure about it. But according to the boyfriend, "the sauce is sweet, otherwise bacon is good. As for the patty, nothing much to shout out."


We also ordered a dessert to share - Banana and Nutella Crepes ($8)- exactly what I ate in Phuket. However, this is different. I still vividly recall the crepes we ate in Phuket- the crepes were so soft and chewy. And the one from Little Diner, the texture turned out to be crunchy. Therefore, they do taste like biscuits. Maybe, that's the WOW factor about their crepes. Once again... just sharing my personal opinion- I would prefer it to be soft, and I think it tastes better with the banana slices. Just like vanilla ice-cream on piping hot brownie - matches so nicely. Random thought.










#ootd- Top: Taipei / Skirt: Love, Bonito / Shoes: Melissa Shoes / Bag: Chanel Classic Jumbo


Oh and last Friday... dinner with the boyfriend's family for his dad's birthday @ Tung Lok Signatures (Clarke Quay). Dinner was good. Boyfriend chose that place to make full good use of the AMEX platinum card, maybe you guys should also check out the benefits of owning the card. For example, you get 50% discount off total bill for a dinner of 2 pax. Subsequently, 20% discount off for a dinner of 6 etc. Of course, only at various specific restaurants.




And the staffs were sweet enough to present the birthday cake with a hand-written poem from them. The food presentation was really nice. AND GOSH, THOSE YELLOW-LOOKING MANTOUS were heavenly. The buns were filled with salted egg yolks (aka Liu Sha Baossss). I was only expecting it to be KAYA, when the staff mentioned about giving us "寿包". By the way, shou-bao symbolizes health and longevity, making them a traditional mainstays of birthdays. One of my favorite food as breakfast actually.

Other than that, we spent another Sunday shopping for furniture and household appliances this time. This is even more tiring and tedious as compared to walking rounds and rounds in Platinum Mall. :X and randomly decided to watch soccer together with his friends on a Friday night- Germany VS France. I was not expecting Robertson Quay to be THAT crowded. (Back to the main point) Damn it, I placed my bet on the "correct score"... and I seriously believe in beginner's luck- but HELL NO. :'( UNTRUE.




oh well..... back to Monday. And the sisters and I are planning some thing in progress. Stay tuned! I seriously need some major motivation.


and just a random quote I chanced upon, “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”



about


Ariel Meiqi

(+65)
Eat Well, Travel Often, Shop Fashionably
Still learning, still discovering.



Email: ariel.suey@gmail.com


Editor of Samplestore.com




















seek &inspire.