aboutarchives


Monday, July 21, 2014
Dancing c r a b @ 12:26 PM




Yes, according to the plan- dinner date with the boyfriend on a Friday night. Feeling generous (not really)- decided to treat him to a seafood feast. Food exploration is one of my favorite things to do- and came across the Dancing Crab on the web. Frankly speaking, those pictures managed to capture my attention and we decided to give it a try. I think the boyfriend was also completely convinced by the photos (via food blogs). That's why, a picture is worth a thousand words. In other words, food presentation is as important as flavor. Besides that, we can also make use of the palate privileges- which is applicable to AMEX platinum card members! Heh, told you it's useful.


We ordered a Sri Lanka's crab, and specifically instructed them to cook it extra spicy. I totally love it. It's so addictive. I wished I had ordered some fried mantous to dip the chili gravy and leave the table with no single trace of sauce!! :x 3 words: FINGER LICKING GOOD. well, you know.. basically, you have to eat with your bare hands. No cutlery given at all, not that I remember. Different and interesting concept.





And.... I also heard quite a fair bit of their famous lobster roll. The boyfriend loves the bread. I think they toasted/fried it with garlic and butter? It smells really appetizing. The spicy cajun fries comes with it, as a set (SGD 23). I LOVE THE FRIES TOO. Wanted to try the truffle fries, but I think the 2 of us should not be greedy (too much carbo is bad).


LASTLY, we also ordered the Flaming Moonshine Tiger Prawns, which were flamed on the spot by the chef. Something similar to drunkard prawns. All I can say is, the seafood served in this restaurant are SO FRESHHH AND JUICYYYY. It's not exactly cheap, but well... it's definitely worth a try.

($8 per 100g, with a minimum order of 500g.)









Address: The Grandstand 200 Turf Cub Road 
(Old Turf Club in Bukit Timah Road) #01-20
Singapore 287994

Tel: +65 64663303 
Best to book table reservation in advance. 


------------------


Okay... and on Saturday, had Yakun for breakfast with the boy. My usual favorite is the traditional kaya butter toast and I decided to try the steamed bread too- it's actually not bad! Very soft and bouncy. It was a busy weekend. Haven't been taking any afternoon naps lately. I've been accompanying the boyfriend to run his errands. I also just realized that there's so much homework to do for home renovations. Usually, daddy is the one taking care of all and we've nothing to worry about. Speaking of that, daddy was invited to visit Germany for some BMW'S conference. So shiok- free flight and accommodation. I NEED MY HOLIDAY SOON TOO.








As mentioned, Stefan wrote an email to me last weekend. In the email itself, he also attached a SPA voucher at Chinois Spa. Thank you baby for the treat. The masseur wasn't exactly up to standard, even though they rated themselves as a 5* SPA. I personally prefer "herbal" or "imperial apple" (for better ambiance). They usually hit the right spot with the right pressure. I like my massage therapist to press harder. It's like a weekly routine- typically once every 1 to 2 weeks (depending on our schedule), and I have some serious lower backache which occurs very frequently. 


Can someone tell me what to do to solve this issue. It's actually pretty annoying. I have tried all means- from taking painkillers, chiropractor, TCMs and to weekly massage. Okay goodbye, back to work. 








about


Ariel Meiqi

(+65)
Eat Well, Travel Often, Shop Fashionably
Still learning, still discovering.



Email: ariel.suey@gmail.com


Editor of Samplestore.com




















seek &inspire.