aboutarchives


Monday, October 13, 2014
The Royal Mail @ 3:24 PM



Ended last Friday with a good dinner with the boyfriend at The Royal Mail, situated at Raffles Place. 



The place was not very crowded, which is a good thing to me. They served this freshly baked bread with cream-cheese filling and I really love it (and asked for more). I would say... taste like cheese pie but in bread form? Like a croissant but not. Something different rather than dipping it with the usual olive oil and vinegar. 





We came really early and just right for happy hour drinks (till 8pm). Cocktails were selling at $10 each. 











We moved on to order our dinner- I was famished. 



The boyfriend's standard ordering pattern is to over-order. And I'm usually there to remind him that we should not overeat. 


1) Appetiser: Sous-vide Half Maine Lobster 
2) Side dish: Seared Foie Gras
3) Main course for him: Prime Ribs (The classic cut)
4) Main course for myself: Kurobuta Pork Chop 
5) Dessert: Banoffee Tart 








Lobster with pumpkin, nothing much.





The main purpose of visiting this restaurant was because he read some reviews of their famous prime-ribs! And yes, he was satisfied with the dish and the portion was generous. Plus, the Yorkshire Pudding was really good. Taste like the bread that I ate. Creamy, cheesy and soft. 





And the boyfriend ordered the Kurobuta Pork Chop for me. Initially, I wanted to try the roasted whole chicken but he mentioned that "it's too common." 






The pork chop was really thick and frankly speaking, I find it a bit too tough for my liking. Overall, it's okay and the charred edges reminded me of char-siu (barbeque pork). 






And we ordered an extra side-dish, Seared Foie Gras for us to share! Heh, more for me actually. I'm a huge fan... and I'm willing to sacrifice my calories for this. 








As the name says, "Banoffee Tart" - banana toffee and tart served with salted caramel sauce. He loves 
caramel! 






The boyfriend is definitely my best food partner- 

1) Exploring and sharing good food with me
2) He will help me if I can't finish my meal. Actually the truth is, I like to order this and that to try, but I can't simply eat all of it myself. And I'm glad that the boyfriend has a gigantic appetite. 


Thank you for this scrumptious dinner and I very much enjoyed it. 

:


Weekends was nua-ing day for us. I love spending quality time with him. 








Back to Monday- have a lovely week ahead! Can't wait for next week to arrive... many happy, special occasions!


1) sis's big day
2) mom's bday
3) meimei's bday
4) boyfriend's bday 


In other words, it's almost time to shop for gifts!! :) Oh ya, and I might be heading to Japan again!!! Planning in progress. The boyfriend will be heading to Tokyo for work conference. We're intending to extend a few more days to explore Kyoto & Osaka. Any recommendations, feel free to drop me a message please! :)



about


Ariel Meiqi

(+65)
Eat Well, Travel Often, Shop Fashionably
Still learning, still discovering.



Email: ariel.suey@gmail.com


Editor of Samplestore.com




















seek &inspire.