aboutarchives


Monday, March 9, 2015
random @ 4:22 PM





Yay counting down. An impromptu trip booked to HKG in less than 2 weeks' time. It's gonna be a short trip. Will be there with the boyfriend and say yes to feasting. Missing' those cheap dimsums and my favourite cart noodles (something like, ytf in sg). The soup broth is just superb, so rich and yummehhh  (cos it's partly salty). :P It's gonna be our third time traveling to this particular country. It's not boring, and I know I'll be safe with him around.




I'll be traveling back alone, while the bf is gonna stay a few days longer for his work conference. I wish I've more annual leave to spare. WISH. Most importantly.. fingers crossed that I can make my way to the airport myself and NOT miss my flight again. It was a genuine mistake. Repeated mistake simply confirmed I'm a fool, cos' the first teaches me a lesson not to repeat. 




Nothing much to update- been controlling my temper. I think it's more or less under control. Still working towards a more positive attitude, and blast off those negative vibes. Oh by the way, my boyf thinks I've learned from our last h2h talk... so I guess I've made some significant improvements. 




Relationships are never easy. Love is not always a bed of roses. Voicing different opinions which potentially lead to harsh conflicts if one choose to take it negatively. We, humans generally only reveal the happier side of us. It's perfectly normal. That's social media, picturing the beautiful side of people (or what we want you to see), which I agree to some extent.. gives a false sense of true-self and self-esteem. 




I've learned that if the boyfriend ever say something that's unpleasant to my ears, I must trust that he does not mean any harms and it's all for my own good. And vice-versa. I will not do anything to hurt him, or perhaps, if I did, it was never intentional. We all desire a smooth-sailing relationship, but it's almost impossible. What matters the most is we both grow up from our own mistakes, and eventually become a better person for our other half. Compromising is one thing, but how long could you endure before you've finally decided to put a stop to it? And when the day comes, who's gonna regret? The one who tried so hard to give in and hold on to the relationship? Or the one who has unknowingly took the relationship for granted? 



It might be too late. 




In mature love, says Meinecke, "we do not look to our partner to provide our happiness, and we don't blame them for our unhappiness. We take responsibility for the expectations that we carry, for our own negative emotional reactions, for our own insecurities, and for our own dark moods."





about


Ariel Meiqi

(+65)
Eat Well, Travel Often, Shop Fashionably
Still learning, still discovering.



Email: ariel.suey@gmail.com


Editor of Samplestore.com




















seek &inspire.